THEM

THEM

Paul Wheeler and Teddy Toi


Lobby Loyde's Benefit site, I came across this photo - could this be Paul, the Paul Wheeler from Queenscliff 1962?







Paul 'Sheepdog' Wheeler
 
'Born in Greater London , Essex , England . Went to Syney, Australia in 1961 with my parents , lived in Melbourne the spiritual home of Oz rock in late sixties to mid seventies and now live back in Sydney on the Northern Beaches ..  read more '

I was living in Queenscliff (circa 1962), I formed a friendship with a local chap named Paul Wheeler, I moved back to the city, and we lost contact.  A few years later, I ran into him playing bass  in a music venue down towards Central. 

 Lobby's Benefit 



Teddy Toi




for more details on  Teddy Toi

Same day, same search I came cross Teddy Toi,  played with Thorpie also!!  I was given Teddy's acoustic guitar by a family member years ago.

' .. Teddy Toi and Johnny Dick played on Lobby Loyde's solo album 'Plays with George Guitar', and then joined Loyde in a new version of The Wild Cherries. Teddy moved on to a stint in Sydney supergroup Duck in 1972-73, followed by a couple of years in the final version of The Aztecs, and Johnny enjoyed a long and successful stint as the drummer in The All-Stars, backing Stevie Wright and then John Paul Young .. '





Lobby and Thorpie

No comments:

Post a Comment